DMCA / Copyright Policy
We respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. On this page, you will find information about copyright infringement procedures and policies that apply to NeahPlugins.com Notification of Copyright Infringement
If you are a copyright owner (or an agent of a copyright owner) and believe any user material posted on our sites infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a Notification of Claimed Infringement under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by sending an e-mail to our Designated Copyright Agent containing the following information:
- A clear identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed. If multiple copyrighted works are posted on a single web page and you notify us about all of them in a single notice, you may provide a representative list of such works found at the site.
- A clear identification of the material you claim is infringing on the copyrighted work, and information sufficient to locate that material on our website (such as the message ID of the infringing material).
- A statement that you have a “good faith belief that the material that is claimed as copyright infringement is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.”
- A statement that “the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.”
- Your contact information so that we can reply to your notice, preferably including an e-mail address and telephone number.
- The notice must be physically or electronically signed by the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
- Your written Notification of Claimed Infringement must be sent to our Designated Copyright Agent at the e-mail address listed below.
We will review and address all notices that substantially comply with the requirements identified above. If your notice fails to substantially comply with all of these requirements, we may not be able respond to your notice.
View a sample of a properly formed DMCA Notice to help insure you are submitting the necessary information to protect your materials.
We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a Notification of Claimed Infringement. Please note that you may be liable for damages if you make a false claim of copyright infringement. Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act provides that any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material is infringing may be subject to liability. Please also be advised that, in appropriate circumstances, we will terminate the accounts of users/subscribers who repeatedly misidentify copyrighted material.
Counter Notification of Copyright Infringement
If you believe material was removed in error, you may send a Counter Notification to our Designated Copyright Agent at the e-mail address provided below.
To file a Counter Notification with us, you must:
- Send us an e-mail that sets forth the items specified below:
- Identify the specific message ID(s) of material that we have removed or to which we have disabled access.
- Provide your full name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address.
- Provide a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which Neah Plugins is located (or Chattanooga, TN if your address is outside of the United States), and that you will accept service of process from the person who the provided notification of claimed infringement to which your notice relates or an agent of such person.
- Include the following statement: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that I have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.”
- Sign the notice.
If you are providing notice by e-mail, an electronic signature (i.e. your typed name) or scanned physical signature will be accepted.
If we receive a Counter Notification from you, we may forward it to the party who submitted the original Notification of Claimed Infringement. The Counter Notification we forward may include some of your personal information, such as your name and contact information. By submitting a Counter Notification, you consent to having your information revealed in this way. We will not forward the Counter Notification to any party other than the original claimant unless required or expressly permitted to do so by law.
After we send out the Counter Notification, the original claimant must respond to us within 10 business days stating he or she has filed an action seeking a court order to restrain you from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on our web site.
We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a Counter Notification of Copyright Infringement. Please note that you may be liable for damages if you make a false claim. Under Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability.
Please note that we may not be able to contact you if we receive a Notification of Copyright Infringement about material you posted online. In accordance with our Terms of Service, we reserve the right to permanently remove any content at our sole discretion
Termination of Subscriber Accounts
It is our policy, in what we deem in our sole discretion to be appropriate circumstances, to disable and/or terminate the accounts of users, subscribers or account holders who repeatedly infringe the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of others or of Neah Plugins.
NEAHPLUGINS.COM is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
NEAHPLUGINS.COM may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1/1/2017.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- We may provide your information to our third party partners for marketing or promotional purposes.
- We will never sell your information.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.